Linksys manufactures some routers for several purposes. You can purchase it for using it in small businesses as well as for using it in homes. If you are willing to modify your router’s settings or need to change your Linksys router’s configuration files, and won’t update the firmware, etc., then you need to Login To Linksys Router web interface.
There are also some other tasks like applying updates of firmware, changing firewall, network security settings and switching over from dynamic to static IP Addresses and vice versa that can be performed on Linksys router’s web interface. Linksys router contains an in-built administration page that allows you to perform and complete these tasks by connecting to the Linksys router directly using an Ethernet cable.
In this article, I will tell you how to Login To Linksys Router by using any web browser on your computer system. You need to have a username and password to login to Linksys router.
Points To Remember To Login To Linksys Router
Below are some basic instructions or guidelines that need to be followed to make sure that you can get access to the Linksys router with ease to make any changes that you need to:
- It is advised that you make use of a hard-wired connection such as an Ethernet cable connection for connecting your PC to the router to get access to the router’s web-based interface and setup page to make sure that your link remains stable and to avoid getting access to any other Linksys router that is present in your location.
Also, remember that Linksys routers come with auto-sensing capabilities, and so they don’t need to use any crossover or straight through wires or cables.
- Make sure that your Linksys router is kept on Powered ON mode before you get access to your Linksys router’s web-based setup page.
- If you have used any wireless cable or device to get access to the web-based setup page, ensure that your wireless device has been connected to your Linksys router’s Wi-Fi before following the steps to log in to a Linksys router.
- You need your Linksys router’s password which is also called as admin password to get access to the web-based setup page. If you have changed it some time back and have forgotten it now, then you have to reset the Linksys router to its default or factory settings.
- It is advisable that you back up your router’s current settings to enable the default settings again. And then go to the Linksys router’s web-based interface and click on the Administration tab. Now, choose the option Configuration Management from the given list of options. Next, click on Back UP to save this file’s copy to any location as you prefer in your computer system’s hard drive.
Check Out: How To Login To Netgear Router
How to Login to Linksys Router
Below are some steps that you need to follow to log in to a Linksys router. Follow them carefully to accomplish your task.
Firstly, connect the cable power of your PC to your Linksys router.
Now, connect an Ethernet cable with the network card of your PC. Also, get a port on your Linksys router.
Finally, Open any browser. For instance, Google Chrome and type 192.168.1.1 IP Address in the search box and hit Enter key on your keyboard. 192.168.1.1 is the IP Address for your Linksys router’s inbuilt administration page.
It will connect you directly to your router. However, if this IP address doesn’t work, then you can find the correct on the Internet.
Now, you need to enter your login details in the blank fields as per the procedure. Login details include the username and password of your Linksys router to get access to it. If you have changed it, then enter the same.
However, if you haven’t changed the default password and username yet, then leave it blank. Some routers use “admin” as the default username and password of their router.
So, you can try the default combinations, or you can search for your router’s model. Our website also an article with default administrative login username and password of all the routers. Whether they are of the particular type are developed and sold with the same default login details.
Also, if you don’t remember the username and password of your router, then you need to perform a factory reset. This will restore its settings as it is, as they were at the time of purchase.
Don’t Miss: How To Login To Arris Router
Web Setup of Linksys Wi-Fi router
The web-based set up a page of your Linksys Wi-Fi router will look like the one shown below:
The login page of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router will appear to be different though. It would appear like the one shown below:
Choose the OK button or click on Login to complete the process of logging in to your Linksys router. You will now have access to the Linksys router’s set up page.
If your Linksys router has set up already, you can go to modify your router’s settings and configuration. I hope now can log in To a Linksys Router.
I hope this article will help you to Login To Linksys Router. The above five steps were straightforward, and any person can understand it easily without facing any problem. So without wasting your time, you can immediately try these steps to accomplish your tasks.