The IP address labeled 192.168.100.1 is one of the most common IP addresses that a manufacturer uses for configuration of the devices. It is an integral part of a router based network setup which enables the devices to connect to other devices. The 192.168.100.1 IP address is also one of the most confused with IP address due to its similarity with the IP address 192.168.1.100 because they have a very slight difference in the position of the digits. While 192.168.1.100 is a home network IP address, the 192.168.100.1 IP address is used by manufacturers.
- 1 Why Do We Need 192.168.100.1 Admin Panel
- 2 How To Login To 192.168.100.1 Administration Panel
- 3 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 4 What To Do if I Forgot Router IP Address
- 5 Find The IP Address of The Router
- 6 Resetting the Router to its Default Configuration
- 7 Router Username and Password List
- 8 Issues Related to 192.168.100.1
- 9 Conclusion
Why Do We Need 192.168.100.1 Admin Panel
The admin panel of the IP address 192.168.100.1 is critical because it is the only panel which will allow the users to configure all the devices to the router. Without logging into the admin panel or admin page of the 192.168.100.1 IP address, it is not possible to make any changes in the settings of the devices configured with the router or even add or remove previously connected devices.
The most common mistakes that people do is enter IPs like 192.168.l.0, 192.168.01, 192.168.l.1, 192.168.l.2, 192.168 l 0, 192.168.100, 192.168.l0.1, 192.168.l.l00, 192.168.l00.l instead of the original 192.168.100.1 IP address.
You cannot monitor the performance of the devices connected to the router without having access to the admin panel of the router IP address, which in this case is 192.168.l00.1. There are a lot of issues in this era of cyber world where the potential data thieves might be after your precious data by intrusions into your system. To stop such things, you need to have access to the admin panel for sure.
How To Login To 192.168.100.1 Administration Panel
The process of logging into the admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address is straightforward, and you need not be a tech expert or a tech geek to carry out the process. It is recommended that you know about the default username and password of the router that you are using because you will require that information when you try to log in for the first time. The steps that should be followed to log into the admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address are given below :
1. Open the web browser on your computer system. It can be any web browser, but it is recommended to use the latest version of the browser.
2. Hit the below button named as “Access Router Page” to access 192.168.100.1 IP address.
NOTE: Please wait for the admin panel to load completely. Also, if you’re getting an error or the web page is not loading then it’s not your IP address. Find your router’s IP address in the following article.
3. The user authentication page will be opened. Enter your default username and default password in the designated space. After that, press enters key to proceed.
4. The administrator page of 192.168.100.1 is now open. You can start with the configuration of your devices.
5. In the admin panel, you can change your internet connection type. Also, you can change the name of the network, or add new devices.
6. You can also change the transmission rate, bandwidth, and also monitor the various devices connected to your router from the 192.168.100.1 admin panel as per your requirements.
7. We also advise changing the default username and default password of your router to avoid any future security risks that might arise.
NOTE: If you forgot your username & password then you can follow these instructions to recover them. However, if you haven’t changed the default user and password, then you can consult our router default usernames and passwords list.
What To Do if I Forgot Router IP Address
It is the favorite thing to lose the default username and default password of the router. Sometimes, people also tend to forget the IP address of the router they are using, and this prevents them from accessing the admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address. But there is no need to panic because there are various methods to fix this issue.
Find The IP Address of The Router
Finding the default IP address of the router is not a difficult task because it is provided on a variety of documents and places. You can find the required information about your router at the following two places:
- The User Manual of the Router: The User Manual is a vital booklet for the users. People with no sound knowledge on router and network can refer to this. It has all the essential information related to your device, so you should always preserve it safely. It is also the first piece which you should refer in case you face any issue regarding your device. Hence, you can also use the manual to find the default username, IP address, and password.
- The Sticker on the back of the Router: The manufacturers also provide a set of valuable information on the sticker. You can find it at the back of the router with info like default username, IP address, and password. It also has the model number of the device. Thus, you can use this information to access the admin panel of 192.168.100.1 IP address.
Resetting the Router to its Default Configuration
If you forget the default username and password of your router, then this is the easiest method to regain the access to the admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address. But, you should always remember that using this method will require you to reconfigure the router and its devices right from the beginning. There are two methods to factory reset the router and recover the router user and password :
- The process of factory resetting the router to its default is available in the user manual of the router. It is different for different routers, so it is the best thing to refer the manual for resetting the router.
- An alternative method is to use the pinhole button given at the back of the router. You only have to press and hold down the button for 10-15 seconds. This would reset the router. After this, you can again type the default username and password.
Router Username and Password List
The following list consists of default router username and password. Simply, choose your router from the drop-down.
Issues Related to 192.168.100.1
We have fixed most of the technical problems that associate with the 192.168.100.1 IP address. But the other problems which can also arise are:
- Use a UPS or any other stable source of power supply for configuration purposes.
- Always use good quality cables if the connection is a wired connection for better results.
- If any issue arises, look for the router lights which will give you a clear indication.
So, this was all about the 192.168.100.1 IP address. You can use this information to log into the admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address. If you want details for other IP Addresses such as 192.168.1.13 or 192.168.1.10, then you can check out our other articles.