192.168.10.1 is a private, Class C IP address and is registered by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) as a private network. Usually, it is not accessible like the public IP addresses.
This IP address is used as Default Gateway for many routers like TRENDnet and D-Link and is used to access the Admin Dashboard to configure settings like changing credentials for some security incentives or managing the firewall settings. The manufacturers of the routers can assign any IP address for their routers and 192.168.10.1 is one of the most commonly used IP address.
WARNING: Make sure that you don’t enter any wrong IP Address instead of the correct “192.168.10.1” IP. All the errors like 192.168.l.0,192.168 l 0,192.168., 192.168.l0.1, 192.168.10, 192.168.l0.l, 192.168.10.253.
- 1 How to Login 192.168.10.1
- 2 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 3 Default Router Username and Password List
- 4 What to do if I Forget Router Username and Password
- 5 How to Change 192.168.10.1 IP Address
- 6 Issues With 192.168.10.1 IP address
- 7 Conclusion
How to Login 192.168.10.1
To login to your admin dashboard associated with the 192.168.10.1 IP address.
1. First of all, make sure that your router is connected to your computer, either through wired cable or wirelessly.
2. Afterwards, you need to log in IP 192.168.10.1 by clicking on the “Access Router Page” button mentioned below.
NOTE: If you’re getting an error or the web page is not loading then it’s not your IP address. Find your router’s IP address in the following article.
3. The page will take you to a page where you will have to enter your router’s username and password.
4. Later, use the credentials whether the default ones or those which you have set up manually as per your ease.
5. After successful login, you can manage all the settings of your router.
6. You can reset the username and passwords, rename your wireless device and also change its password or configure firewall settings.
Default Router Username and Password List
The following list consists of default router username and password. Simply, choose your router from the drop-down.
What to do if I Forget Router Username and Password
It is not possible for the human brain to remember every information, we are not computers anyway. So, If by chance you forget the credentials of our router then don’t panic, you can regain the credentials of your router very easily.
Try the default credentials
If you are not able to login with a password that you remember, try logging in using the default username and password that are given on the backside sticker of your router or on the user guide or manual that you got with your router.
Reset your router
If this doesn’t help when you still have an option to recover the username and password and access your admin page. You just have to reset your router, and after that, you will be able to login to default credentials only.
In order to reset your router, find a reset button at the back of the router and press it for at least 15 to 30 seconds using a pin or something.
The router reset automatically but all your configurations and settings will lose, but you will be able to access the router using the default credentials.
After the reset process has completed, you can use your default credentials to access the Admin dashboard, and from there you can configure all your router settings once again according to your preferences.
One more way to access your router admin dashboard without knowing the username and password is by forwarding ports.
This technique works for many routers which provide the feature of Universal Plug n Play (UPnP). It allows some programs in your computer to ask router to open ports for them and if your router has enabled this setting, it will automatically open ports without asking for any credentials.
How to Change 192.168.10.1 IP Address
There can be many issues due to which you may require to change the IP address of your router, one of the most common issues is an IP address conflict. Try the following ways to change the IP address.
Using the Command Prompt
- In the start menu, type “cmd” and press Enter.
- Command prompt dialogue box will open up.
- There type “ipconfig /release” and press Enter.
- Now, type “ipconfig /renew” and Enter.
- You will get a new IP address.
Through Control Panel
- Go to the Control Panel of your system. In the Network and Sharing Center, go to the Adapter Settings.
- In the window that opens up, select your network and open its Properties.
- Now, choose IPv4 Properties, and there you can use one of the two options.
- Also, if you select Obtain an IP address Automatically, it means you are using dynamic IP that your computer automatically fetches from the network.
- And if you choose Use the Following IP Address, you can provide a specific pool for IP address, and then your computer will use one of those IP addresses only.
Issues With 192.168.10.1 IP address
When you try to access the admin page for configuration of your router settings, you can face some problems. Since 192.168.10.1 is one of the most commonly used IP, some complications may occur.
You May Get an Error Saying “Incorrect IP Address”
For this, check that your router is using 192.168.10.1 as the default gateway. Also, you can go to command prompt and enter “ipconfig /all” command to get all the details of your network.
To connect to the admin page, your computer should connect to the router; maybe the Ethernet cable has some issues due to which the admin page is not accessible.
Issue is With the Router Itself
There are possibilities that there is some internal problem with the router itself. Therefore, it is not redirecting to the destined admin page. If this is the case, check it in its respective company’s service center.
All in All, this is almost everything about the private IP address 192.168.10.1. Also, you have enough information to configure and manage all the routers or devices associated with this IP. So, to get more information regarding various router details and IP addresses, comment below. Keep reading!