Do you ever hear about 192.168.1.2? I’m sure most of you know what a router is and why do some of the routers have private IP addresses? Let’s understand the clearcut explanation of private IP addresses and how correctly it works. The private IP addresses, as the name suggests, works as a part of the IP network.
IP addresses in the closed space are not assigned to the specific organization, and you may use it with the consent of the particular owner. However, you need not get the consent of the regional internet registry, unlike public IP addresses. Private addresses cannot be directly striking over the internet, and it affords an extra layer of security.
NOTE: Always keep in mind to type correct IP address otherwise it can lead to wrong typing issues such as 192.168..1.2, www.192.168.1.2, http //192.168.1.2, http//192.168.1.2, 192..168.1.2, http://192.168.1.2. or 192-168-1-2.
In this article we will know the prominently used private IP address 192.168.1.2 used in some routers :
- 1 About 192.168.1.2 IP Address
- 2 How to Login 192.168.1.2 IP Address
- 3 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 4 Final Words
About 192.168.1.2 IP Address
192.168.1.2 is an IPv4 address just like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, which implies you cannot do any change in the router settings outside the home network. If you wish to perform tasks like changing the username or password to protect your WiFi, set parental controls, update the firmware, then login into your router using the reserved IP address 192.168.1.2. So, it is a default gateway IP address through which your system can interact with the outside world.
List of companies that use 192.168.1.2 as their IP address includes- ACorp, Binatone, Fortinet, Hawking, Inteno, NETGEAR, ZTE.
How to Login 192.168.1.2 IP Address
Here’s how you can log in to the IP portal in simple measures mentioned below. Using these measures, you’ll be able to change the settings and configurations as per your need :
1. First of all, connect your router to the system. Also, do remember that connection can be either wired or wireless.
2. Now, click on “Access Router Page” button mentioned below. You’ll be taken to the admin login page, and all you want to do there is enter the username and password.
NOTE: Wait for a few seconds until the router page loads. Also, if you’re getting an error or the web page is not loading then it’s not your IP address. Find your router’s IP address in the following article.
3. You can freely type “admin” in both the fields if you never changed or touched the default user & password of your router.
4. If it’s wrong & you also don’t remember your user & password then take help of our guide to recover user & password of the router easily.
Easy Steps To Find Your Router’s IP Address
There might be situations when you get an error on typing 192.168.1.2 IP in your browser’s address bar. This is because the IP doesn’t belong to your router. You’ll have to find the default IP address of your router.
Default Username & Password List for Router
Go through this list of default user & password for any router:
Also Read: 192.168.1.254 ADMIN LOGIN PAGE
Things to Do If You Forget Router’s Username And Password
We are listing some critical actions that have to be performed in case the user has forgotten his/her Username and Password. Here, are the steps that have to be followed:
- The first action that has to be performed is to reset the local router. And then take it back to its factory settings.
- However, the user can also change the password using the administrator’s privileges.
- The user can also reset the password using the web-based setup page.
Much smarter way to handle this issue is to reset the router to its factory settings. You can do it just with the help of the reset button by using a pin. Also, it is present somewhere in the body of the local router.
After doing this, you have to hold it and wait for at least 10 seconds. Now after performing this task, the router will automatically reset itself to the factory default mode.
After this, when the user tries to log into the network, the Internet Service Provider will himself instruct the user regarding the router set-up. This is the point when user will realize that he has to start doing that all over again and ultimately, the router has been reset.
How To Troubleshoot Router Errors?
Well, sometimes we see weird cases where the router will not respond to your actions. It will not accept your password when you try to log in and will not take requests when pinged.
You don’t have to panic. Here are the following measures you should be following to troubleshoot your router and fix the router.
- Ensuring if the cable connectivity is in a proper working condition. They are more necessary than you think.
- However, most of the times when we are in a hurry, we fail to check if the power supply is on. Make sure the power supply is on for the router to function properly.
- Then confirm that the router LED status signals active and all the LEDs are glowing.
- If LEDs are glowing correctly, probably the issue is with the power supply. So make sure that the power supply is on.
These are some of the points to ponder about the functioning of 192.168.1.2. And how you can efficiently make use of your router using this host address. So, if you have any queries regarding the host address and router, comment below. You can also Google, and the solution is right there!