As we know, multiple devices can be connected over a single network with the help of a router. Routers are responsible for accessing both the Internet and other networks. It makes communication between networks easy. Also, it provides security, policies, and services which extend the proficiency of IP to support applications over a network. Routers can be used in homes, schools, colleges, etc. Every device on the internet needs a unique identifier known as IP address. An IP address is merely a method of organizing computers within a network. There are many IP’s, and one of them is 192.168.1.128.
About the IP
192.168.1.128 is registered as a part of the private network by Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). It can manually assign to any local network. It can even be attached to a laptop, smart television, tablet, and many more devices. This is programmed in such a unique way that the methods which fall under this network system specifically, only they can be connected with the network system. This address can be used by routers, modems or any other IoT device such as webcams. Multiple brands of routers which use this IP address are 4ipnet, Billion, Cisco, D-Link, Linksys, Ubee, ZyXel and many more. The IP address 192.168.1.128 lies in the network range of 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255.
Access and Login to 192.168.1.128 Admin panel
To proceed using 192.168.1.128 you first need to access the administration panel. Following steps are required to be followed for obtaining the admin panel:
- At first, open the web browser on your computer system. It would recommend to use the latest version of the web browser.
- Then type the link http://192.168.1.128 in the address bar of the browser and press enter.
Wait for some time for admin panel to load completely. Ensure that you have entered the correct IP address
- Now a page would open. Enter your default username and password and press enter.
- If the login is successful, a new window would be opened which would give you access to your router’s interface. Here you can change the default settings of your router such as network and security configurations.
- Also, you can change the type of your internet connection, change the name of the network or add new devices in the admin panel.
- You can even experiment with the bandwidth and transmission rate and also you can monitor various devices connected to your router from 192.168.1.128 admin panel.
- We advise you to change the default username and password of your router to avoid any security risks.
Default User and Password
Generally, router manufacturing companies set default username and passwords. So all routers, come with a fixed set of username and password which you can change in future if you wish to do so. You can find the login information of your router in the user manual and at the bottom or back of your router. Now, log in to your account through your browser window.
- Enter the IP address in the browser window.
- Enter default username and password in the login area.
- Now you can change your default username and password from here.
- After setting all the required fields click Apply.
Now, everything will be done, and you are all set to use your login panel using your new username and password.
What to do if you cannot access 192.168.1.128 Login Page
Though logging into the admin panel of 192.168.1.128 is very easy, but still, some users face difficulties in logging into the panel. Some of the issues which the users can encounter are:
- Connection issue
- Signal drop-offs
- Firmware glitch
Some straightforward steps can tackle these issues. Some of them are:
- Make sure that you have a proper Ethernet cable connection
- Reset the router
- Troubleshoot helps as well
Moreover, the quality of cable can be another reason for your issue. Also, check whether the lights of the router are in a working condition or not. You should also check all around security of your router connection.
How to Change the password of your router
Changing the password of your router is the easiest job. Also, it is the most critical task we have done for security purposes. Follow these simple and easy steps to change the password of your router.
- Open web browser
- Type the URL of your IP address
- Type your current username and password on the displayed page
- Now go to settings
- From settings, you can change the username and the password of your router easily without any difficulties.
Now, you can log in to your admin panel easily using your new username and password. But if you have forgotten your password and you are not able to access to your admin panel, you can reset your router back to factory defaults. Resetting a router removes all the custom settings you have applied to it. So it will remove the username and password it hass changed to, and again you can log in using your default username and password.
The IP address 192.168.1.128 is a private IP address so users cannot connect to this network system from outside the house which you can do with public IP addresses. This private IP address can only use within local area network systems. Also, make sure that you enter the correct IP address.
Assure to have a proper network connection in your home or office for a smooth running of the network system. If you want to configure the devices with the router, it is important to log into the admin panel because it is only the login page which allows configuration of devices. To bring changes in the device settings then also you have to reach to the admin panel.