An interesting fact about IP address is that they can be easy and complex both. It’s your choice how you need them. The entire web is based on IP addresses and that is how the data transfer from one place to another. When we talk about the IP address 192.168.1.100, it’s obviously a private IP of class C which comes along with a support of 65,000 devices. That means, there can be 65,000 maximum devices connected to that IP. There might be maximum chances that your router is assigned this IP as its starting one. This 192.168.1.100 IP address is used all around the world without any fear of web threats.
192.168.1.100 IP Address is the inception of the default IP address range for various home broadband routers. This IP address is private and can be accredited to any of the devices on the local network that is appointed to use this IP address range. This 192.168.1.100 IP address can be arranged on a network such that any device can be assigned this address. This IP address can also be used as the default gateway IP address.
Check Out: How To Login To Netgear Router
How to login in 192.168.1.100 IP Address?
It’s very easy to log in to this 192.168.1.100 IP address. For this, you have to enter this 192.168.1.100 IP address in the browser address bar. Below is the step-by-step procedure to log in using this IP address-
- Open the browser of your choice from any PC, tablet, smartphone or from any web-connected device.
- Type this 192.168.1.100 IP address in the address bar and tap Enter. Your browser will now try to generate a connection with your router.
- After that, you will be asked to enter the username and password. Since every router comes along with a default username and password so you need not worry about it. You -can see a sticker on your router which contains the model number of your router. You can search on Google the default credentials by your model number.
- After getting your username/password combination, open your router’s admin window. Do the changes you want to and save them before closing your browser.
What restrictions do we face when using 192.168.1.100?
If you know your router’s IP address and credentials, then it will be easy to connect with your router’s settings. But there can be some restrictions:-
- Always assure that you are using browser’s address bar which is located on top to type your router’s IP address in it. If you are -not doing so, you may be restricted for changing your router’s settings.
- Your device and router must be on the same network. If you are using Wi-Fi, ensure that you are using the home Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure to use the proper IP format.
- If your Wi-Fi is not working then try to use a wired connection because some models of the router which are old don’t allow Wi-Fi for accessing their admin panel. That’s why it is better to use a wired connection this case.
What to do if I Forgot Router Username & Password?
If you are not able to remember your username and password or say both of your routers, you can resolve it by factory default. This factory default setting will reset your router’s configuration to the original one. You have to see your default username and password in the manufacturer’s site. This is the easiest way to resolve this issue. After that, you can set the username or password of your choice.
How can I change the address 192.168.1.100?
No matter how difficult is your login credentials, they can be cracked easily. For making your router more secure, you need to change your router’s IP address. All the manufacturers use a default IP address to access the router’s login page. By updating a part of your IP address, outsiders will surely need your username and password along with your customized IP. Below are the few steps to make your IP address more secure:
- Firstly, you need to login into your account by opening your browser. In the browser’s address bar, type the manufacturer’s default IP address. By using your login credentials, log in to your account successfully.
- Go through the “General settings” tab. Under this option, choose “Basic setup” tab.
- From the last two numbers of the IP address, change one or both in the LAN IP address field.
- Click on “Apply” and wait for a few minutes to reboot your router. After selecting your IP, click the “Apply” button. You can now check whether the router’s IP address is changed or not by accessing your router’s settings page. That’s it. You changed your IP address successfully.
Issues with 192.168.1.100 IP Address:
Administrators should always avert manually assigning this IP address to any of the device when the device is associated with the router’s DHCP address range. Contrarily, IP address conflicts may occur as the router can associate this IP address to any other device rather than the one which is using it already.
But, if the router is configured for this IP address 192.168.1.100 to a specific device then you can be sure of the fact that DHCP won’t assign this address to any other connection. Most of the issues related to IP address 192.168.1.100 are DNS related that can be resolved by DNS caching.
This article was all about IP address 192.168.1.100 and how to access it. You might have to face certain issues regarding this IP address but need not worry about that. These issues can be easily resolved by the above solutions provided.