The 192.168.1.10 IP address is one of the default IP addresses which a lot of manufacturers used. The 192.168.1.10 IP address is somewhat different from 192.168.1.1, 192.168.8.1 or 192.168.0.1 IP address, due to which it has found use in many routers. A lot of users, who are generally the first time users face a lot of difficulties in configuring their router from the admin login page of the 192.168.1.10 IP address.
- 1 About 192.168.1.10 IP Address
- 2 How To Login 192.168.1.10 IP Address
- 3 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 4 Router Username and Password List
- 5 How To Recover Username & Password of The Router
- 6 How to Troubleshoot Issues With 192.168.1.10
About 192.168.1.10 IP Address
A small piece of information that has to be kept in mind while configuring the router is that “No internet connection is required to configure the router because the 192.168.l.0 admin login page is not present on the world wide web.”
The default IP address of the router is generally 192.168.1.10, but it might differ in some cases. But, to avoid any mishaps in future one should always look for the default IP address along with the username and password in the user manual of the router. If you cannot find the default IP address of the router in the user manual, you can find it on the sticker at the back or bottom of the router. The sticker also has the default username and password for your router.
NOTE: Do remember to type correct IP address in your web browser i.e. “192.168.1.10.” Some people end up the wrong IP addresses by typing 192.168.l.l0, 192.168.l.10, 192.168.l.0, 192.168.0.0.1, 192.168.1.10.1, 192.168.l0.10 or 192.168..1.10.
If you still have some issues while finding the IP address of the router, you can use the most common IP address which is 192.168.1.10. The most common username and password for the router is “admin” or “user.” But some routers also use “Michaelangelo” as the default password.
How To Login 192.168.1.10 IP Address
Logging into the admin page if 192.168.1.10 IP address is significant because it is the page which will allow you to configure devices to your router. To make a login, you can follow the steps below:
1. Click on the button named as “Access Router Page” mentioned below.
NOTE: Please wait for the Router Panel to load completely. Also, if you’re getting an error or the web page is not loading then it’s not your IP address. Find your router’s IP address in the following article.
2. The user authentication page will open up. Write your username and password in the designated space. After that, press enters key.
3. The administrator page of 126.96.36.199 will open up. Here you can configure your devices with ease.
4. In the web page, you can change your internet connection type from static to dynamic or vice versa.
5. You can also change the network name, transmission rate, bandwidth, etc. from the 192.168.1.10 admin login page according to your requirements.
NOTE: If you forgot your username & password then you can follow these instructions to recover them. However, if you haven’t changed the default user and password, then you can consult our router default usernames and passwords list.
Router Username and Password List
The following list consists of default router username and password. Simply, choose your router from the drop-down.
How To Recover Username & Password of The Router
After configuring the router using the 192.168.1.10 IP address, it is always advised to change the default username and password. Many people tend to forget their username and password due to various reasons.
In that case, they cannot use their router and hence all their connectivity is lost. Thus, there arises a need to know a method to recover the username and password of the user. One of the following methods can be used to recover that vital piece of information:
Method #1 Try To Use Default Name and Password
This method can be advantageous because it is a general practice not to follow security advice and continue to use the default name of the router and default password that is provided with the router. Most of the users do not care about the potential security risks involved and do not take the pain to change the username and password of the router at all.
Although there are extreme security risks with this practice if you are one of such users who use default settings, then you can quickly recover router name and password of your device and resume your connectivity with the outside world. We can find the default router username and password at two places:
- The User Manual of the Router: The User Manual is not just an ordinary piece of document, but is a vital booklet which sometimes has excellent information about your device. It has all the essential information related to your device, so you should always keep it safe. It is also the first piece which should be referred in case any issue is faced regarding the device. Thus, you can also use the same to find the default username and password.
- The Sticker on the back of the Router: The sticker on the router also has valuable information such as default username and password, along with the IP address and model number of the device. Thus, you can find the default username and password from this sticker and quickly recover the router username and password.
Method #2 Try To Reset The Router To its Default Configuration
If you have already changed the router name and password before using, reset it to default settings again. Also, this method is also useful when you are using an old router. But, you should always remember that implementing this method will require you to reconfigure the router right from scratch. There are two methods to factory reset the router and recover the router user and password :
- The process of factory resetting the router to its default can be found in the user manual of the router. It is different for different routers, so it is best to refer the manual for resetting it.
- An alternate method to factory reset the router is to use the pinhole button at the back of the router. Just press and hold down the pinhole button for about 10-15 seconds to reset the router. After which it will accept the default username and password.
Method #3 Use the Default Username and Password List
This method to recover router username and password is useful when you don’t want to factory reset the router. But again, this is only a trial method which may not work in all cases. If you cannot find the default username and password of the router, try to use the list of usernames and passwords above. The default username for most of the routers presents today is “admin” or “user,”. The default password they use is “admin” or “user.” In some cases, the password is “Michelangelo.”
How to Troubleshoot Issues With 192.168.1.10
There are some other errors in the 192.168.1.10 admin login page that affect the progress. You can use the following methods to remove them:
- Use a stable power supply, maybe from a UPS.
- Use quality cables in a wire-based connection.
- Always check Router Signals, if they are working or not.