As we know the primary purpose of a router is to connect multiple devices over a single network. Routers are responsible for accessing both the Internet and other networks. It makes communication between networks easy. Also, it provides security, policies, and services which extend the proficiency of IP to support applications over a network. Routers can be used in homes, schools, colleges, etc. Every device on the internet needs a unique identifier known as IP address. There are many IP’s, and one of them is 10.0.0.138.
About 10.0.0.138 IP Address
10.0.0.138 is a private IP address, i.e., it can be assigned to any local area device. It manually assigns to any local network. It can even be assigned to a laptop, smart television, tablet, and many more devices. This is programmed in such a unique way that the devices which fall under this network system specifically, only they can be connected with the network system.
This address can be used by routers, modems or any other IoT device such as webcams. Multiple brands of routers which use this IP address are 2wire, D-Link, ECI, Huawei, Netcomm, Siemens, ZyXel. The IP address 10.0.0.138 lies in the network range of 10.0.0.0 to 10.0.0.255.
How to Access 10.0.0.138 Admin Panel
To proceed using 10.0.0.138 you first need to access the administration panel. Following steps are required to be followed for obtaining the admin panel:
- Open the web browser on your computer system. It would be recommended to use the latest version of the web browser.
- Simply, click on “Access Router Panel” button given below. It will redirect you to your admin panel. You can also copy & type the link http://10.0.0.138 in the address bar of the browser and press Enter.
NOTE: – Wait for a few seconds to load the admin page correctly. If you’re not able to see admin page then you might be using wrong IP address. Refer to this guide to find your router’s correct IP address.
- Now a page will open. Enter your default username and password and press enter. If you don’t remember your user and password then refer to this guide to recover them.
NOTE: – If your user and password is wrong & you haven’t changed it in the past then you can find your router’s default user and password from this list.
- If the login is successful, a new window would be opened which would give you access to your router’s interface. Here you can change the default settings of your router such as network and security configurations.
- Also, you can change the type of your internet connection, change the name of the network or add new devices in the admin panel.
- You can even experiment with the bandwidth and transmission rate and also you can monitor various devices connected to your router from the 10.0.0.138 admin panel.
- We advise you to change the default username and password of your router to avoid any security risks.
How to Change Default User and Password
Generally, router manufacturing companies set default username and passwords. So all routers, come with a fixed set of username and password which you can change in future if you wish to do so. You can find the login information of your router in the user manual and at the bottom or back of your router. Now, log in to your account through your browser window.
- At first, enter the IP address in your browser’s window.
- Then type your default username and password in the login area.
- Now you can change your default username and password from there.
- At last, after setting all the required fields click Apply.
Now, everything will be done, and you are all set to use your login panel using your new username and password.
Things to Do if You Can’t Access 10.0.0.138 Admin Page
Though logging into the admin panel of 10.0.0.138 is very easy but still, some users face difficulties in logging into the panel. Some of the issues which the users can face are:
- Connection issue
- Signal drop-offs
- Firmware glitch
Some very easy steps can tackle these issues. Some of them are:
- Make sure that you have a proper Ethernet cable connection
- Reset the router
- Troubleshoot helps as well
Moreover, the quality of cable can be another reason for your issue. Also, check whether the lights of the router are in a working condition or not. You should also check all around security of your router connection.
How to Change Your Router’s Password
Changing the password of your router is the easiest job. Also, it is the most critical task do you should do for security purposes. Follow these simple and easy steps to change the password of your router.
- Open your web browser.
- Type the URL of your IP address.
- Enter your current username and password on the displayed page.
- Now go to Settings.
- From settings, you can change the username and the password of your router easily without any difficulties.
The IP address 10.0.0.138 is a private class A, IP address so users cannot connect to this network system from outside the house which you can do with public IP addresses. This private IP address is only available within local area network systems. Also, make sure that you enter the correct IP address.
Assure to have a proper network connection in your home or office for a smooth running of the network system. If you want to configure the devices with the router, it is important to log into the admin panel because it is only the login page which allows configuration of devices. To bring changes in the device settings then also you have to reach to the admin panel.