10.0.0.1 IP address is a great help whenever we face some router problem. So far, we have discussed various IP addresses for the proper functioning of our routers. But the ultimate question here is, although all the IP addresses perform a common task of letting you access the router administrator page so that you set up and configure router behaviour, why do all the routers have a different default IP?
We may say it’s because the IP depends on the router brand and model. All the router brands choose their best default IP address so that they obtain better results. But the most common being 192.168.0.1.
Well, most of the routers stick to this IP address for the very reason that it is a private address or non-routable address and is not assigned to any specific organization. More importantly, it doesn’t need the consent of Internet service provider.
WARNING: Don’t forget to type correct IP otherwise you may end up typing 10.0.0.0.1, 10.0 0.1, 10.0 0.0 1, https//10.0.0.1 login, 10.0.01, 10.0.1.1 (default gateway), http //10.0.0.1 login.
In this article, we’ll take a look at another prominently used IP address 10.0.0.1 and understand it in a better manner.
You may also like – How to get 192.168.16.1 Router Admin Login Page
- 1 About 10.0.0.1 (Default Gateway) IP Address
- 2 How to Login 10.0.0.1 IP Address
- 3 Access Your Router Admin Panel
- 3.1 Easy Steps To Find Your Router’s IP Address
- 3.2 Router’s Default User & Password List
- 3.3 What to do If You Forget Router’s Username And Password?
- 3.4 General Issues With 10.0.0.1
About 10.0.0.1 (Default Gateway) IP Address
10.0.0.1 is one of the most common defaults IP address that is assigned to a router so that you can access it’s administrator panel to change the router configuration settings. It is class A IPV4 address and is usually in use in factory routers as the default gateway IP address. Since 10.0.0.1 can be in use only in private space, it is very convenient to set up your own unique local area network such as the company’s local network.
10.0.0.1 is mainly in use for the following things:
- Editing your router’s proxy settings
- Setting up the DNS(Domain Name Server).
- Setting the DHCP(Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) client.
- It also gives the user the ability to access so that they can change wireless function settings.
- For Mac users, users can also get access to the MAC address.
Mostly, Cisco and Infinity routers supplied by Comcast or D-Link models have 10.0.0.1 as their default IP address.
How to Login 10.0.0.1 IP Address
Below is a step by step guide to log in 10.0.0.1 IP address portal:
1. First of all, you need to connect your router to the PC. However, the connection can be wired or wireless.
2. Afterwards, hit the below “Access Router Page” button.
NOTE: If it’s taking time then wait for a few seconds to load the IP panel from our database. Also, if you’re getting an error or the web page is not loading then it’s not your IP address. Find your router’s IP address in the following article.
3. This will redirect you to the 10.0.0.1 login page. Once you’re on the page then it’s time to enter user & password of your router.
4. You can type “admin” in both the fields if you haven’t changed the password of your router ever.
5. That’s it. You’re done. To recover router user & password; you can read this guide written by us in-depth.
Easy Steps To Find Your Router’s IP Address
It’s not a hard and fast rule that the IP address 10.0.0.1 belongs to your router. It might happen that it’s wrong & can be 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.254, 192.168.8.1 or some other address.
Router’s Default User & Password List
Here’s a comprehensive list of all the routers with their default username & password:
What to do If You Forget Router’s Username And Password?
When you already have so many things to remember, it is possible that you may forget the credentials of your router. So, what can you do to resolve this issue? Have a look on the below tips that may help you:
Tip #1 Try Default Credentials
It is possible that maybe the default username and password of the router have not been changed. You can find them either on the sticker at the back of the router or on the manual.
Also Read: How to Find 192.168.1.254 Admin Login Page
Tip #2 Reset the Password through the Web
You can also change or reset your router’s password through logging in to the setup page on the Internet. There using administrator settings, you can quickly set your password.
Tip #3 Reset the Router to Factory Version
If nothing works, you can reset your router to default factory settings by pressing a small reset button on the back. Then, you will have to reconfigure your router again.
General Issues With 10.0.0.1
Basically, 10.0.0.1 is the default gateway address of your router. Sometimes, you may face some issues with it, like the LAN IP address automatically changes to 10.0.0.1, this is a widespread problem faced by users and can be fixed by changing your IP address manually.
Access These IPs Too –
This also happens if your router is a combination of a modem with a router and if the IP segment is same of both, then the router will set its address to 10.0.0.1. Maybe your device becomes unresponsive because of this IP address conflict between the router and modem. To fix it set different static IP’s for both router and modem.
Also, you can face a problem in assigning client addresses in a WiFi router, where network names and IPs are provided automatically to the user. This happens in a very rare condition and can be resolved quickly.